To be reimbursed for damage to your property, a covered peril (such as fire, theft or windstorm) must have caused your loss. Which perils your policy covers depends on the type of policy you buy. The most common types of homeowners policies are listed below. All of the policy types except the dwelling fire form cover your dwelling and its contents, as well as personal liability and medical payments. Read Table 1 to learn the specific perils each type of policy covers


Dwelling Fire Insurance protects a home against the perils specifically named in the policy. Many common causes of damage, such as fire, hail, and lightning, are usually listed as covered “named peril” in a Dwelling Fire Policy. If something other than the named peril causes damage to the home, the policy does not cover the loss. It is important to know that Dwelling Fire Insurance is not broad form coverage, as a HO3 Homeowner Policy. The HO3 is all risk coverage unless specific exclusions are listed.

Dwelling Fire Policy Forms Two and Three provide coverage on a Replacement Cost basis in the event of a loss. The DP-1 is on an actual cash value basis in the event of a loss. This means that you will be paid for the actual cash value of your home and other structures that are destroyed or damaged due to a covered loss.


For those who acquire rental and investment property and do not need to insure others’ personal possessions, as they do their own, the Dwelling Fire Insurance Policy fits the bill.

If you own one or several tenant occupied rental properties, Lovett Insurance can shop around to find the best possible price with group rates for multiple properties, so if you are a landlord driven by huge rate increases on current policies, we can help!

Homeowner’s Insurance can be quite expensive these days if the size of your home does not require a larger more complex policy. A Dwelling Fire Policy may save you a substantial amount of money.

If you have a much older home or your home’s value is less than $50,000, you may only be eligible for a Dwelling Policy or a limited Homeowner Form called a HO8.

If you only want to cover just your dwelling structure and eliminate the other package coverage such as other structures detached, contents, liability, or additional living expenses, you can substantially reduce your homeowner’s insurance cost.

Dwelling coverage is available from one to four family dwellings

For those who live in two or more residences each year, insuring both homes with a traditional homeowner policy just doesn’t make sense because it is double the expense. Dwelling Fire Insurance provides minimal coverage at a much lower price for seasonal property, camps, or a second home.


Named Perils: Burglary, Vandalism, Fire, Windstorms, Lightning, Falling Objects, Collision with Vehicles or Aircraft, Hold-Ups, Electrical Malfunction, Broken/Freezing Pipes, Injuries to others on and off property, Damage to others’ property, Gas Leak Explosions, Civil Commotions and Riots, etc.


If you are a Landlord looking to remodel, sell, or find tenants to occupy, you may also need a Builder’s Risk Policy for the remodeling or renovation process.

We also offer Vacant Property Coverage for homes that are unoccupied and are just sitting on the market waiting for a buyer or Renter. Our rates are based on occupied, unoccupied, or ready-to-be-occupied and/or not-ready-to-be-occupied, based upon the condition.

20% Claims
Other Structures
5% Complete
Personal Property
Loss of Use
Personal Liability
Medical Payments